Sunday 1 July 2007

I'm not tired, I'm not tired, I'm not...zzzz

So I have been awake for 26 hours now and I still have 4 to go if I am to make it until 7pm London time. Neither one of us got any sleep on the plane. It was very cramped, but on the plus side the food was quite good and plentiful. We got in on time, 7am, and took the express train to Victoria Station which is near enough to our hotel to walk from. It is half price to take the express from Gatwick to Vic Station if you have 4 people travelling together, so we recruiterd the 2 girls behind us in line. The first one, Kim, is here on business from Bermuda, but was born and raised in Canada. The second girl was from Lyon, France and was quite relieved that we three Canadians spoke more French than she spoke English. I am not sure if she would have made it to Vic Station without us!

We had just enough time to drop off our luggage at our hotel, clean up a bit intheir bathroom, take a double decker bus across The City (downtown London) and get to St. Paul's Cathedral for their 11am mass with 15 minutes to spare. They were having an orchestral mass featuring the London Symphonia and the Cathedral Choir; it was amazing. I will let Keith describe the actual musical quality as I am sure that I can do it no justice. After the service we ate lunch in the Crypt Cafe in St. Paul's basement, and are now checking into our hotel officially. To keep us from falling asleep, we are now headed off to Hyde Park to cjeck out Soeaker's Corner- supposed to be at it's most lively on Sunday afternoons.

Last British fun fact: the @ symbol is not above the 2, but just above the right hand shift key; actually more comvenient once you find it in the first place!

No comments: