Wednesday 2 April 2008

Better Late Than Never






























As you may have noticed, we didn't do much blogging from England this time. I actually didn't go online all week as I was just too tired at the end of the day to go traipsing over to the internet cafe in the cold and wet. I didn't even manage to write in my journal most days! My plan is to post about one day from last week every day this week. Follow me? Mostly I am just trying to stay awake in my post-supper sleepiness until it's an acceptable time to go to bed.






Keith has already described most of Sunday, March 23rd, his birthday. I will just add that Madame Taussaud's is absolutely not worth going to on a Sunday afternoon with an incomparable amount of other people. In the end, Becky and I literally escaped out of a fire exit door! It was only 4pm and we knew the guys would be watching soccer somewhere, so we passed the time by picking up drinks and treats from the French patisserie down the street from our hotel and wandering around the neighbourhood a bit. We scouted out a few places for supper and then waited in the lobby for the menfolk. They came about the time we expected, grinning from ear to ear and going on and on about the match. We managed to turn them around and out the door to find supper where we shared stories of our respective afternoons (although I expect they didn't hear much of ours as it couldn't possibly be as interesting as the game). We retired for the evening fairly early for a London night, but very late in Alberta time.

No comments: